Thursday, May 15, 2008

'nationals excuses' - email sent mostly from ben quinn's inbox...

If you have anymore decent excuses post them in the "comments".

1. I don't know if the elevation really affected me, but my resting heart rate is like 135 bpm and it is usually around 42 bpm.
2. I granted myself on the climb and everyone, including my team, attacked me because they didn't want to ride near me.
3. (your excuse) I was too busy hooking up with Mara Abbott all night to worry about sleep...C'MON.
4. LEEROY JENKINS.
5. My nerves were frayed because I couldn't take my usually bong hits as there was a threat of a USADA administered drug test.
6. My coach filled my neutral feed waterbottles with diet coke because he thought I was that Emo kid who liked diet coke a lot (me), why don't you drink real coke Colin...C'MON.
7. My non-carbon, non-tubular wheels don't spin fast on downhills thus I got dropped(me).
8. I am a wafer thin thus can't go downhill(me), am I too skinny Colin? make an assessment.
- i don't rightly know sir.
9. LEERROOOY JENKINS (me).
10. I didn't get a push from steve forbes (me).
11. Some mothalicka crashed his bike in front of mine causing me to fall on my ass. (me)
12. Grabowski hates emo kids (me) and kittens.
13. Some Emo kids adjusted my seat, only to mark where it was with a pencil...then they went off, carved out an emo stencil of the president missing his eyes(?), spray painted it all over the place, put on eye-liner, and then pretended to slit their wrists using a plastic knife and ketchup packets. (me)
14, People kept singing me songs off the new Modern Romance album during the road race and it threw me off (me). If you know who modern romance is you have just dated yourself.
15. Spent too much time the week before nationals sucking on the funky teet.
16. Missed the race because I was at Old Gregg's Place drinking Baileys.
17. I went past the feed zone and Corey held out a water bottle with a gel, and then as I was about to grab it he pulled it away, ripped open the gel, ate it, and drank most of the contents of the bottle. On the next lap he handed me a warm can of peach iced tea, commenting, "You're gonna hate it.".

(me) = ben quinn

dear family members,
we may talk about doing drugs a lot, but i assure you its all talk...for most of us. for more education on the dangers of drug use see this page.

sincerely,
colin

4 comments:

Eric J Sandstrom said...

Colin I am sorry I couldn't make it, Chuck Norris saw fit to take my mountain dew.

A. Lewis said...

Nice update.

My excuse for nationals was that my tires were overinflated.

c bass said...

hey alex...i didn't know about your web log, it has been added. i also didn't know you were in that break because im oblivious. nice work.

Anonymous said...

I'm just not made for road races....and while were on the subject time trials....