Sunday, May 6, 2007

no evan, i did not not take it to mt. crumpit to dump it. happy birthday.



on sunday eric, scott, haley b. (jubilant spectator), and myself headed to boulder for the rocky mounts criterium. following one of the most stellar warm ups of the entire season, during which nobody offered me a cookie that would have resulting in me falling off my rollers, breaking a toe clip, and ruining my day/race/very limited credibility as a cat 4 cyclist, i actually got warm and was ready to '...kick ass so bad" as they say. thank god for these 4-5 criteriums...sort-of, there isnt a sprint off the line to commence the race, that results in me woking so hard that my left testicle comes out of my right ear (thanks balding csu coach). the sort-of qualifier is the result of an overwhelming amount of sucky bike handling skills that end up in the pack, that ultimately resulted in my race lasting less than twenty minutes.



yep. scott was sick, which resulted in a short race for him. eric moore and i however felt good/healthy, and were riding well. less than ten laps into the crit, and on the corner before the short descent eric moore gets a flat. i think by that time scott had already elected to drop out, and this was two out of three du racers out of the race. on the same lap, turning right to go into the hill i was following the line of the rider right in front of me, and all of a sudden some hideous snapping occurs and my rear wheel locks up. son of a bitch. i did not go down, but some ass in the pack felt it necessary to shout out "your race is ova!" when it happened. ill bet it was the campus cycles employee that was keeping the 125 cadence on the downhill. oh, ps remind me to devote a post to my personal vendetta with "campus cycles"...the worst bike shop/sponsor ever. if you reading this and are thinking to yourself, " hey, i like campus cycles, they're staff is friendly and the sell premium bike parts at an affordable price", stop reading my web log please. you're not worthy (party on wayne). who am i kidding, five maybe six people read this, but still, if you have been to campus in the last three months to do something other than protest, i need to have only four to five readers. OKAY, back on topic. so i looked down to see five broken spokes and an extremely mis-tensioned hub, which was at an angle. i turned around and some idiot is laying in the grass, likely a result of shoving his front wheel and pedal in to me. i asked him what had happened and he said that someone must have pushed him into me. yes, thats what happened. i then asked him if he was alright, subconsciously hoping that his answer would be no. he was.

after wallking back to the start with my dead bicycle laying over my shoulder, some guy who i guess dropped out? informed me that he witnessed mr. incompetent in the corners drift across the entire thing and run into me. well he owes me give or take three hundred and fifty dollars to replace my hoop and spokes.

3 comments:

Evan Sandstrom said...

Sounds like no fun my friend, this guy who crashed wasn't riding a Trek was he?

c bass said...

i dont know, but i think it had a white paint job.

Anonymous said...

conscious Vacuum Cleaners gorzata Annuity Calculator yerida Bariatric Surgery excavating Electric Blankets cavan Furnace Filters ablution Vending Machines preminger Kitchen Cabinets readchoices